Here is the link to the Memorial Day for Gene Gendlin, held in NYC on Saturday the 12th of August, 2017. It is a lovely celebration of memories and ideas from Gendlin’s life. The morning included diverse recollections of Gene (a lovely talk of him as man and father by Gerry Gendlin, Gene’s son at 1:23:45) and there were two panels in the afternoon (Philosophy starts at 3:57 on the video and Psychotherapy starts at 5:27). Nice that Gene made his son promise that when the time came that people were celebrating his life, Gerry would make sure to remind us all the Gene had been divorced and he was a smoker – was not perfect, he was just a man. Link to the entire day is here. Timings for different sections are above.
- Remembering Eugene Gendlin, philosopher and developer of Focusing
- Second FOT Certification training complete, new training soon
- Memorial for Eugene Gendlin
- A good introduction to Focusing for anyone who has wanted to understand this natural process
- EUGENE GENDLIN, GROUND-BREAKING PSYCHOLOGIST & PHILOSOPHER, DIES AT AGE 90